Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling

SUMMARY

"Containing clues that were to prove crucial to Harry Potter's final mission to destroy Lord Voldemort's Horcruxes, The Tales of Beedle the Bard is the volume of five wizarding fairy tales left to Hermione Granger by Albus Dumbledore in the seventh and final book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."
 
MY REVIEW

I thought it was cute, yes, cute.  I didn't have high expectations for this book, so it wasn't a letdown or anything, it was just cute.   The stories KIND OF reminded me of Asop's fables, in a way.  All of the little stories had a lesson at the end and after every story, Dumbledore added his commentary.  This was my favorite part. I love how clever and witty Dumbledore is!  This book was not meant to be something that is out of this world, like the Harry Potter books, but it was quick and enjoyable.  I would recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the HP books.

1 comment:

  1. It was SUPPOSED to be short but enjoyable. JKR wrote it to BE quick and enjoyable so people would buy it

    ReplyDelete